Receive and peruse the signed Contract from the Real Estate Agent or the Buyer.
Open the file and send you a Conveyancing Package containing a Client Information Form for you to complete and return to us.
We will also include forms for signing in relation to your Stamp Duty Concessions if applicable.
What You Do
Instruct the Real Estate Agent to forward us the signed Contract of Sale by fax/email/post (or send us a copy yourself)
— If you are obtaining finance, get this Application underway.
— Organise Building and Pest Inspections.
— Return to us the Client Information Form we have posted you.
We will advise the Sellers Lawyers of the outcome of your Finance Application and/or seek any extensions that you request.
Advise us of the outcome of your Finance
Application by 5.00pm the day before it is due. Your advice should be in one of the following formats:
a) Finance is approved unconditionally; or
b) Your Finance has been declined and you would like to terminate the Contract; or
c) You would like to seek & extension of the Finance Due date of …?.. Days.
– Once Finance is approved, sign all Mortgage/Loan documents as soon as possible.
Building and Pest Condition
We will advise the Sellers Lawyers of the outcome of your Building and Pest Inspections and/or seek any extensions that you request.
Advise us of the outcome of your Building and Pest Inspections by 5.00pm the day before it is due.
Your advice should be in one of the following formats:
a) You are satisfied with the inspections; or
b) You are not satisfied with your inspections and you would like to terminate the Contract;
c) You would like to seek and extension of the date of …?.. Days.
Once Contract is Unconditional
– Prepare Transfer Documents and forward to Sellers Lawyers for signing
– Begin Searches on the Property.
– We will conduct the Standard searches as outlined in your initial Conveyancing package, plus any further searches that you have requested.
– Once we have these back we will review them and mail a copy to you for your perusal.
– Attend to Stamping of Transfer Documents and Contract.
– Calculate Settlement figures and/or any adjustments.
– Liaise with your Financier in preparation for settlement and ensure that funds will ready for drawdown.
– We can sign Transfer Documents (as your Lawyer) on your behalf
– When you get these, read any information that we have provided as well as reviewing them for yourself.
– If there is anything that you are unhappy with or wish to question please advise us.
Provide us with funds for Stamp Duty (unless Stamp Duty is being paid at settlement by your lender)
– If you need to provide any additional funds in order to complete the purchase you will need to ensure these are Telegraphically Transferred at least 1 day prior to settlement, to our Trust Account.
– Book Settlement.
– We will attend settlement on your behalf.
– We will conduct any required searches on the day of settlement to ensure there are no further notations on the title.
– We will deliver the necessary documents required for Settlement to your Bank, and accept the funds from them for your Purchase.
– We will pay the balance purchase price to the Sellers Lawyers.
– You will need to conduct a pre settlement inspection of the property. We recommend doing this the morning of settlement if possible. If there are any problems notify us IMMEDIATELY.
– You will not need to attend settlement.
We will advise the Agent that settlement has been effected and request them to release the keys to
If you did not obtain finance, we will attend to the registration of the Transfers and Release of
Mortgage. If you did obtain finance this will be attended to by your bank.
Collet the keys from the Agent (unless there were other instructions regarding the keys)
Transfer any insurances you need to, and attend to connections such as Gas, Electricity, Phone etc.
Some people also like to have the locks changed
Click download to request our Guide to Buying or Selling Residential Property